BALR. is hiring an experienced IT Manager with great development and people management skills.
As IT Manager at BALR. you are responsible for structuring and professionalizing the IT organization and infrastructure. Reporting to the Director of Operations, you will help BALR. with both the development and execution of the IT strategy. Together with your team, you will work on the balr.com platform.
- Understand the technical challenges that the team faces from pair programming to code review and issue resolution;
- Work closely with the development team to implement engineering best practices;
- Development of the IT strategy in close collaboration with the Director of Operations;
- Managing and structuring the IT roadmap and prioritizing IT related projects;
- Responsible for the daily management of the IT team that consists of 5 Developers;
- Act as liaison between business departments and IT team, ensuring alignment with business strategy.
At BALR. we are looking for an IT Manager with strong people management skills. The ideal candidate has experience in an e-commerce environment. It is important you feel comfortable in a fast-paced scale-up.
- Bachelor's degree in an IT or a development related field;
- At least 8 years of experience as a software engineer, with 2 years of experience directly managing a team;
- Solid understanding of software design and architecture, data modeling, API design, and security best practices;
- Experience in an e-commerce ecosystem (Order Management Systems, Payment Platform System integrations, ERP integrations - Netsuite);
- Experience with the with Shopify platform is a plus;
- Excellent communications skills, both in Dutch and English;
- Problem solver with attention to detail and a hands-on mentality;
- Available for a fulltime position, based in Amsterdam.
What we offer
- Competitive salary with attractive benefits, such as a pension scheme;
- An important role within a fast-growing international lifestyle brand and the opportunity to make real impact;
- The opportunity to lead a new team of ambitious developers;
- An ambitious and dynamic working environment with entrepreneurial teams;
- Daily lunch at the office.
BALR. is an international luxury lifestyle brand known for its high-end fashion, travel products and accessories for men, women and kids. As an Amsterdam-based brand we have created a complete range of high-quality items that inspire to live the life of a BALR. Founded in 2013 by Demy de Zeeuw, Juul Manders and Ralph de Geus, BALR. is the embodiment of a modern lifestyle brand. Aspirational, focused and in-sync with its young and ambitious audience, we bring the luxurious lifestyle of extraordinary athletes within arm’s reach of everyone who works hard to live the dream.
Are you up for the challenge? Apply now.