BALR. is hiring an ambitious Buyer for our Headquarters in Amsterdam. Are you experienced in the fashion and/or lifestyle industry and do you have an international network of suppliers? Check out this job opening.
As Buyer at BALR. you are responsible for the end to end sourcing and procurement process for the complete BALR. product range, from footwear to travel and from denim to accessories. In this important role you will co-develop and implement procurement strategies for each collection. Reporting to the Director of Operations, you will be working closely with Design & Product Development, Supply Chain, Finance and our sales channels Retail, Wholesale and E-commerce. As the go-to-person for our suppliers, it is important to build and maintain strong relationships in order to be successful. Your ultimate goal is to help deliver exclusive and high-quality collections.
- Work closely with key business stakeholders (such as Design & Product Development, Supply Chain and Finance) to develop, implement and execute effective sourcing and procurement strategies for several categories;
- Understanding business needs in order to align the procurement strategy with business priorities;
- Monitoring and following up contracts with current suppliers to ensure achievements of KPI’s and collaborative relationships;
- Sourcing of new suppliers that fit the high-quality standards of our brand and collections, this requires international business trips;
- Negotiation of the best possible terms and conditions with current and new suppliers, national as well as international;
- Analyzing and managing performance of suppliers, gain relevant insights and reporting insights to the Director of Operations;
- Acting as a trusted advisor to your business partners, the Board included.
At BALR. we are looking for an entrepreneurial Buyer with a network of international suppliers within the lifestyle and fashion industry. You have a commercial mindset and negotiating is your second nature. With an excellent knowledge of the market and its trends, you are an inspirer and advisor for your stakeholders, internally as well as externally. It is important you feel comfortable in a fast-paced scale-up environment.
- Master’s degree;
- 3-5 years of experience as a Buyer, within an international scale-up environment;
- Experience in the luxury fashion and/or lifestyle industry is an absolute must;
- Proven track record in developing and implementing sourcing and procurement strategies;
- Network of international suppliers, what fit the high standards of our brand;
- Excellent knowledge of fabrics and quality;
- You are a strong communicator with excellent negotiation and influencing skills;
- You are up to date on the latest trends within the market and able to share your knowledge in an inspiring way;
- You are hands-on and you have an analytical and entrepreneurial mindset;
- Fluent in Dutch and excellent English communication skills, both verbal and in writing;
- Based in or near Amsterdam and available for a fulltime position.
- Two weeks of onboarding at our HQ;
- All necessary gear to install your home office;
- Competitive salary with attractive benefits, such as pension scheme;
- A crucial and challenging role within a fast-growing international lifestyle brand and the opportunity to make real impact;
- Plenty of room for your own initiatives and personal growth;
- Great colleagues who all share the same dream and drive to build the brand;
- An ambitious, dynamic and fun working environment with entrepreneurial teams;
- Daily lunch at the office.
BALR. is an international luxury lifestyle brand known for its high-end fashion, travel products and accessories for men, women and kids. With Amsterdam as our home base, BALR. has created a complete range of high-quality fashion and lifestyle items that inspire to live the life of a BALR. Founded in 2013 by Demy de Zeeuw, Juul Manders and Ralph de Geus, BALR. is the embodiment of a modern lifestyle brand. Aspirational, focused and in-sync with its young and ambitious audience, we bring the luxurious lifestyle of extraordinary athletes within arm’s reach of everyone who works hard to live the dream.
Are you up for the challenge? Click on the “apply” button.